Each summer, we hire a staff team of fun, qualified, caring, and committed leaders. Every staff member helps make a meaningful and lasting contribution to our campers.
A staff position at Ryerson Summer Day Camps is uniquely rewarding. Staff members have the opportunity to work with children, spend their summer on the beautiful campus of Ryerson University, and work with others who have one thing in common: providing exceptional summer experiences to children and youth. At Ryerson Summer Day Camps, you can be yourself. You can share your talent and creativity with an amazing staff team. And you can have a real impact on the lives of your campers.
Ryerson Summer Day Camps has an established reputation as a day camp leader in Toronto. Our success stems from the recruitment of staff members who are positive role models, strong leaders, keen team players, and who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continued personal and professional growth.
Working as a Camp staff member may not be the highest paid job one will hold. But it is a job that, if done well, offers immense satisfaction.
What makes a good Day Camp staff member?
What are some other benefits of working at Camp?
How are staff salaries determined?
How do we prepare you to be a great staff member?
How do we support our staff members?
- Staff members must be at least 18 years of age as of December 31 to be considered for a staff position with Ryerson Summer Day Camps.
- Staff members are expected to be available for our two-week staff training period (the week of June 18 & 25 2018), and for our Day Camp season through Friday, August 24, 2018. The typical day at camp is eight hours (from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm).
- In cases of low enrollment, we may be required to limit payable hours for some staff members. We’ll do our best to give you as much notice as we can if this is a possibility.
- Staff members must successfully complete a criminal background check (through our partner BackCheck). Staff members will also be asked to commit to a Code of Conduct, which outlines expectations for staff behaviour while under contract to Ryerson Summer Day Camps.
How to Apply
- Contact Camp Coordinator Mike Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org; 416-979-5000 ext. 3334) to request a staff application.
- Submit your cover letter, resume and completed staff application to the Camp Office.
- Selected applicants will be asked to visit us on campus for an interview.
- Successful applicants will be offered jobs in March.