The Eureka! program focuses on providing campers with hands-on, interactive activities that introduce them to the world of science and engineering. The weekly, virtual camp schedule features fun, innovative, and engaging exercises that inspire each camper. Eureka! Virtual Camp is offered in partnership with the Departments of Science and Engineering.
What is a virtual camp, anyway?
A virtual camp brings all the things you love about camp – fun, learning, and community – right to your home. We all know that nothing can replace being together in person, so virtual camp is our way of making sure our families can still enjoy some of the magic of summer camp from a distance.
Eureka! Virtual Camp
For 3 – 5 hours / day, parents & guardians can give their budding scientists an engaging camp experience right from their home. Campers (ages 8 – 13) are guided through science & engineering activities via pre-recorded lessons from their counsellors coupled with on-call support, followed by group time with fellow campers and camp-style fun & games.
Requirements of Parents & Guardians
In order to ensure the best possible experience for campers, parents & guardians will be asked to:
- Provide their camper with access to a connected device (computer, tablet, smartphone) during the camp day
- Acquire a list of “camp supplies” provided beforehand (cost: $30-45 / camper)
- Ensure a grownup is present in the home at all times during the camp day
- Provide a phone number where they can be reached
- Intervene with camper if contacted by camp staff (e.g. due to injury or misbehaviour)
- Support their camper with technology needs (e.g. accessing lessons / video calls)
- Support their camper with basic activity needs (e.g. organizing supplies, cutting materials, etc.)
Themes & Dates
Week #1: Wonders of the World (Monday, July 6 – Friday, July 10, 2020) – CLICK HERE for Materials List
Week #2: I Like to move it! (Monday, July 13 – Friday, July 17, 2020) – CLICK HERE for Materials List
Week #3: Destination Earth (Monday, July 20 – Friday, July 24, 2020) – CLICK HERE for Materials List
Week #4: Machines R US (Monday, July 27 – Thursday, July 30, 2020*) – CLICK HERE for Materials List
*Ryerson is closed on Friday, July 31, 2020 for Ryerson Day
Virtual Camp – $99 (5-day weeks) / $79 (4-day weeks)
** Registration closes five (5) days before the start of a session, OR when that program is full.
Please note our program, “last minute” registration, transfer, refund, and dismissal policies found here.
All Genders aged 8 – 13 years old (as of December 31, 2020).