We are excited to offer outstanding programs to young athletes this March Break. Our camps and clinics are offered through our high performance sport teams and Ryerson Recreation.
Participants are supervised, and receive comprehensive instruction from, coaches, staff, and student athletes affiliated with Ryerson Athletics.
March Break Soccer Camp
This camp is hosted by the Ryerson Men’s Soccer team (OUA East Champions 2012-2016) and the coaching staff who were awarded Coach of the Year honours in 2015 and 2016. Ryerson’s licensed soccer coaches provide campers with dynamic soccer programming that develops the complete soccer player with a focus on individual skills, leadership and team-building sessions, nutrition, exercises to develop strength, agility and mobility.
Each day of the camp has a particular focus, based of the playing style of certain countries. Throughout the week, we learn about Brazil, Portugal, Germany, and Spain. Each country relates to a certain skill in soccer such as dibbling, shooting, passing, and receiving. At the end of the week we celebrate the World Cup and have a mini tournament incorporating the skills we have learned over the week.
- Skills developed include ball control, passing, movement with and without the ball, dribbling and shooting skills. There is an additional emphasis on moves, tricks, ball coordination, turns, and shielding techniques.
- Soccer matches, competitions, team building games, and soccer skill sessions.
- Exercises to develop strength, agility, mobility, and flexibility.
- Age appropriate instruction with licensed Ryerson Rams soccer coaches and players.
- Nutrition session that will consist of how to properly fuel the body when competing in sport but also provide general nutritional guidelines that each athlete can follow.
- Goal Setting will be done at the beginning of the day – each athlete will learn how to set short and long-term goals.
Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17, 2017
Regular – $325
** Please note our program, “last minute” registration, transfer, refund, and dismissal policies found here.
Young Men & Young Women aged 9 – 14 years old.
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Kerr Hall Gym (379 Victoria Street)
A note for 2017:
Ryerson is the proud host of the U Sports national women’s volleyball championship in March 2017.
With the championship tournament being held at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in mid-March (the traditional home of our hockey camp programs), we regret that we are unable to offer March Break hockey camps this year.
We look forward to welcoming athletes to our Summer hockey camps. March Break hockey camps return in 2018.
Returning March 2018